Being stressed is never something we are happy about, it’s neither productive nor enjoyable. So how do we keep our stress in check? It starts by realizing when you get overwhelmed. We all get stressed about life, and even the stress stresses us out! We know that it can be hard to handle, so we have some tips to help you stress less and enjoy your day more.
1. Sleep! Don’t just say you’ll do it, set a goal to go to bed by a certain time and follow through.
2. Be active. When you have some time, especially when you’re feeling on edge, get out and get moving.
3. Talk to friends. Spend time with people you care about and open up. These are your friends and they are there to help when you need it—don’t forget that.
4. Relax. Mediate, read, do some yoga or whatever you like to help clear your head.
5. Treat yourself. Go to the spa or play the round of golf you’ve been putting off. Give yourself some time to enjoy yourself and breathe.
6. Stay organized. Keep your personal and work schedule straight with a planner or calendar. Don’t let all the things you’re juggling get the best of you.
7. Think about it. Why are you stressed? Is there too much on your plate? Are you worrying about things you can’t control? Thinking through why you’re stressed can help you figure out what you need to do to de-stress.
8. Perspective. Ask yourself if this will matter in 6 months, probably not. So don’t get too stressed out about it.
9. Remember the things that are important to you, and keep your eye on them.
“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James