Follow these tips and suggestions this Fourth of July for an exciting holiday!
If You’re Hosting A Party:
Having a get together with friends and family is always fun, and properly planning for it will make it even more enjoyable for you and your guests! Here are some tips to get the most out of planning for your party.
- Create a budget and stick to it! Budgets may seem like a drag, so to keep costs low think of how many people you’re inviting, how crazy your decorations will be, and if your guests should bring a side and beverage.
- Pick a theme for your party! Come on, you can do better than just red, white, and blue napkins! See these party ideas on our Pinterest board to spark your creativity.
- Plan the meal in advance. This will help you keep on budget and give you time to figure out the exact amount of food you need to buy. After all, no one likes eating the same meal 3 days in-a-row.
- For common entrees like burgers and hot dogs, the average adult eats a third of a pound burger and a hot dog while kids generally eat one hot dog.
- For other references on meal planning for a party see these tips from AllRecipes.
- Having lots of people over? Consider buying pre-pattied hamburgers.
- Ask if your guests have any food allergies, because you’ll never hear the end of that story if you don’t.
Have A Game Plan:
The game plan is like your master schedule. If you have your game plan down, your party won’t be as stressful which gives you time to enjoy the fourth with all your guests! Make sure you know the following for your party.
- When do invitations go out?
- When is your big grocery field trip?
- When are decorations put up?
- What will be on your playlist for the party?
- Have out of town guests coming? Get their rooms prepped.
- What time do you need to start grilling?
- When are your guests arriving?
- What games and activities will be done first?
- Unfortunately, the party will have to end at some point – when is that?
- Think about your clean up schedule – who in your family is in charge of which area?
If You’re Attending A Party:
We don’t blame you for not hosting a party – it’s a lot of work, but remember these things when attending:
- Don’t forget to bring the host a gift! This shows the host how much you appreciate them for putting the party together.
- If you’re supposed to bring food, ask what other people are bringing so there aren’t 5 chips and dips.
- Take a homemade dish – it gives you a chance to show off your cooking skills!
- Ask how many guests are attending so you make the perfect amount of your secret family recipe.
If You’re Watching Fireworks:
They’re one of the most mesmerizing things about the fourth, so make sure you’re prepared.
- Scout out the best parking spot a few days before the fireworks.
- Don’t forget to pack blankets and chairs!
- You can never bring too many snacks.
No matter what your plans are this July Fourth, make sure to include it in your planner and have a game plan. Have a fantastic and safe holiday!